Sunday, June 13, 2010

Right Now

Right now I am sad

Right now I wish my son were home from camp so I could hug him

Right now I wish I had heard the phone when my daughter called to tell me she was lost (she did use her GPS and found her destination)

Right now I don't fell very fun, amusing, inspiring, or much of anything but sadness

I know many of you enjoy my silly blogging for the humor and the "what now?" of it all, but not today...not right now...

The day started off fine...I went to the gym and did a mega-cardio workout (1000 calories, woo-hoo) on the elliptical. I sat by the pool and roasted myself some more and got into the pool. And then I came into the house and checked my email...

I got a message that some friends, who were in South Africa for the World Cup, lost their son in a tragic accident as they hiked down Table Mountain. The boy was 14, and would have turned 15 on Tuesday. They are nice family...my son played soccer with their other son. I am heartbroken for them...

So right now go and tell the people you love that you love them...hug your children...kiss your partner...reach out to a friend...right now...

I was having a little trouble kicking it in to high gear for the last half hour of my 1.5 hour workout (see...take a day off and get a second wind...) and a song came on that got me going again. I sometimes use a playlist when I workout and sometimes I pick a song and hit the "genius" icon and let the iPod make a playlist for me and sometimes I pick a song and just put it on shuffle and see what I get...I call it music roulette and today was a music roulette day...

So Van Halen's "Right Now" comes on and the remainders of the Shiraz are gone and I'm cooking again on the machine. Little did I know at the time that the song would be my blog inspiration and the words would be good for me to hear...so hear they are:

"Right Now" by Van Halen:
Words by Van Halen)

Don't wanna wait 'til tomorrow
Why put it off another day?
One by one, little problems
Build up, and stand in our way. Oh

One step ahead, one step behind it
Now ya gotta run to get even
Make future plans I'll dream about yesterday, hey!
Come on turn, turn this thing around

(Right now) Hey! It's your tomorrow
(Right now) Come on, it's everything
(Right now) Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything

Miss a beat, you lose a rhythm
An nothin' falls into place. No!
Only missed by a fraction
Slipped a little off your pace. Oh!

The more things you get, the more you want
Just trade in one for another
Workin' so hard to make it easy
Whoa, got to turn. Come on, turn this thing around

(Right now) Hey, it's your tomorrow
(Right now) Come on, it's everything
(Right now) catch that magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything

Said a lie to me
Right now
What are ya waitin' for? Oh! Yeah!
Right now

(Guitar Solo)

(Right now) Hey! It's your tomorrow
(Right now) Come on, it's everything
(Right now) Catch that magic moment
And do it right, right now (Right now)
Oh, right now!

It's what's happening
Right here and now
Right now, it's right now
Oh!
Tell me, what are ya waitin' for?
Turn this thing around

When I was listening to it, I thought how appropriate the song is for what I am doing...I'm going to turn this around...I'm going to get healthy...I'm going to do it right now...

I'm also going to pray for my friends and do what I can to be of help right now...and if you are the praying sort, please add them to your prayers...I won't use their name but God knows who they are...

I'm going to end this blog posting...right now...

bye darlings

No comments:

Post a Comment