Friday, December 3, 2010

Slow Ride

ugh...

no movement on the scale...

I'm whiny tonight...very fussy...long day and I had some wine so I am both "whiny" and "winey"...

I fussed to Dimples about it via email...like I said, he is not just my trainer but also my therapist.

My OCD requires that I see the scale bar move down down down...

and it has stayed put put put

but I know I haven't gained weight, and I know I am doing what I should...but it is frustrating..especially to the OCD side of my personality.

And yes, the loss of my friend has some play in this as well...

Dimples writes a blog about fitness/health/diet/excercise. It's good...and since I have put myself into his hands I read it faithfully and do what he says...but his latest one told me to cut out some food I'm not sure I can live without.

No caffeine
No alchohol
no sodas
no corn...

I'll get to corn in a minute...

but the first 3 are non-negotiables with me.

And I informed him, via text and email, that I would not give up my morning cup of coffee, my iced tea at lunch, my Diet Dr. Pepper as a treat, and as for wine...well, if you read this blog you know how I feel about wine...

so I told him, and I quote: "no matter what, Sugar, I am not giving up wine"...end of discussion...

I think he can live with that because he's known all along that I'm not giving up my crushed and fermented grape juice.

Now as to the corn...that is a strange one. But he's pretty firm on that one so I am giving up corn...and corn tortillas...and whatever else has corn in it. I'm hoping it will help my allergies too...I'll let you know...

I did take today off...not by choice, but because my schedule just flat didn't allow it. But I know my body needed the break and tomorrow I will be at Body Pump hitting it hard and then a quick run on the treadmill because I won't make it through my friend's funeral if I don't de-stress.

I had a morning of art history lessons (fun for the first hour...boring for the next 3...all the same lesson, over and over), lunch with a friend (that was a bright spot), and then I got to spend time learning more about my camera with Coach Sweetness. So the day wasn't bad...just long...

When I had lunch with my girl friend we discussed taking opportunities when we were presented with them...even if the timing seems off or not right. After much philosophical discussion (from 2 women who are NOT philosophers) we came to the conclusion that when presented with an opportunity or the chance to do something really great, DON'T WAIT until the timing seems "just right"...like the Nike commercials say...JUST DO IT...

In the past week I lost a friend...and I have regrets about missed opportunities not just with him but it makes me consider them in general (opportunities, I mean)...things I have missed out on because of one thing or another.

The lovely thing about losing weight is that I can't use that as an excuse anymore...my size and my shape and my fitness can't keep me from doing things that are fun, special, or scare me a bit.

I want to do some things I haven't tried before (still not jumping out of a plane...), I want to explore more about things I love (photography, cooking), and I want to spend as much time as possible with people I love.

It might take more energy...but I have it...
It might take more time...but what else do I want to do with time...watch tv? No!
It might take more $...ok, that will need some consideration...
It might take more effort...so what...
It might take more committment...I've got that...I'm nothing if not committed to whatever I do...

This is not a fast paced run...I'm on a jog to where I need to be...and sometimes I am going to walk...and sometimes it's a slow ride and I'll let someone else get me there (like Dimples)...

And I can't dwell on the stupid things...like the scale not dropping in a big way...because I know that it will...it may take more time, more energy, more committment, more effort but I can do it...

I just can't get impatient with myself and my journey...because I need to enjoy it and not get so rushed I can't see what is around me as well as what is in front of me.

See...I'm not so whiny any more...thank goodness for this blog as an outlet to not let me get the best of myself...

Inspiration Song: "Slow Ride" by Foghat...love it...

bye darlings...enjoy the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment