Monday, June 27, 2011

Just What I Needed

Oh my friends, I've been bad...

Sorta fell off the wagon these last few weeks...

Been indulging in things I shouldn't like:
Chick-fil-A
cheese
pita chips
cookies
chocolate mousse
pasta
sauces
waaaaaay too much Mexican food on Friday night...but it was soooo good

And not eating enough fish and veggies...

I can feel it...and I don't feel good.

So tomorrow I'm back on the program.

I've learned a lesson...I have to live and eat a certain way or my body will rebel.

Lesson learned...

So then what happens today?

Well, it was certainly NOT what I needed.

I was enjoying a great workout with Dimples. Poor man had coached football camp all day and still made time for me. We were at the end of the workout and it was time to run up and down the dreaded hill...

I told him my left knee was bugging me a bit and I was mad at myself for forgetting my little knee brace I wear when it is giving me trouble.

I go up the hill...

and...

pop

And down I go...

Something gave way in this darn knee of mine and I hit the ground and it took the breath out of me.

Dimples said I looked like I had been hit by a sniper.

(OK, that is pretty funny so you can laugh...I did)

When he got to me I was pretty much crying and in a bad place of hurt.

No, this is not what I need...

I do NOT need a knee injury!

I need my workouts. I need to be able to spin. I need to be able to move about.

I NEED TO BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND CAMP WHEN I PICK UP MY SON.

So as I type this I am icing my knee and I have taken the legal limit of Advil and I'm praying that tomorrow I wake up and it isn't hurting.

The timing...sucks...

ARGH!!!!!!!

So here I sit, knee throbbing, and I'm pouting...

There is not much more to say but I ask you all to pray for me and my knee.

Because you can't keep a good girl down...even with a knee injury...but it sure is better without one.

Inspiration Song: "Just What I Needed" by the Cars. Did you know they have a new album out? Sounds just like the old stuff so if you dig the Cars, check it out...

Bye Darlings...I hope you get what you need and not what you don't...

No comments:

Post a Comment