Sunday, June 12, 2011

In the Summertime

Wow...did you miss me?

Been BUSY...very busy...but all in a good way.

I"m teaching drama camp with GOTT and TTG and having a blast. We are doing "Willy Wonka" and GOTT has managed to block it all in a week...sort of a miracle if you know musical theater...

Got The Cutest Boy in the World off to camp where he is now the Happiest Cutest Boy in the World.

Now if I could only get Ke$ha Barbie to get a job...something other than her current job which is known as:

SPENDING AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE WITH HER BOYFRIEND

no, that is not a real job and she knows it...

I've been working out but sadly not spending as much time with Dimples as he was coaching football camp. But tomorrow he has promised to totally kick my bootie...I can't wait.

Today Trainer Girl joined me for spin and pump with JayVee and we worked our damage from our respective previous evenings. I had the pleasure of the company of Twirler Girl and we decided that one bottle of wine was not quite enough...we also decided to take a swim at midnight...I highly recommend it...

So even though I haven't blogged in a while I'm going to take the easy way out on this one and do one of my little list things...so here goes...

IN THE SUMMERTIME...

I am grateful for air conditioning

I like to lay in the sun as much as possible and work on my tan...all the while I pray that I won't get skin cancer.

I love to run around in the easy breezy little flippy dresses that I could only dream about last year...now they are my wardrobe staple.

I wear flip flops...when I am not in my stilletos...

I write letters to The Cutest Boy in the World (TCBITW) every night while he is at camp...and I miss him like crazy but I also know he is beyond happy.

I wait until 10 each evening to check the camp website so I can see photos of TCBITW...and see the happy smile on his face...I miss that face...

I enjoy firing up my grill as much as possible...and I have learned to prepare an excellent cedar plank salmon...

My workouts are hotter than ever with Dimples...no, not because I have the best looking trainer in the world (which, my Dimples is...and he has the hottest girlfriend to go with his cute self) but because it is already blazing hot outside by 8:30...but I prefer that to the cold of February...

I stay up late and am happy not to have to wake grouchy children for school the next morning...

I swim in my pool all the time...even at midnight...

I am grateful for air conditioning

I drink a lot of iced tea...

I still drink a lot of red wine...but a glass of white is nice every once in a while

I listen to my summer playlist while I lay out....filled with old school songs like "Summer Breeze", "Island Girl" and "Schools Out" mixed with some "Island in the Sun" by Weezer and the soundtrack from Blue Crush...

And I watch a lot of summer movies like "Blue Crush" and "50 First Dates"...I guess it is because they were filmed in Hawaii so it makes me think of summer...

I wish I could surf...maybe I will learn...

I always want to go to the beach...but only if it is in Hawaii...so that's not happening anytime soon...but someday I might have a new somebody to frolic in the waves with and that will be nice...

I wear less makeup...not always a good thing...but I always wear sunscreen...

I think shorts and a chunky heeled stilleto and a fabulous top makes a great going-out outfit...all the fashion magazines agree...as long as the shorts are cute and the right length and not "hootchie"...

I live on fruit and veggies...because they are all in season...

sometimes a salad is the only thing I want to eat because it is too hot outside

I am grateful for air conditioning....

I wish I had a convertable...

I obsess that my bleached out hair (from the sun) will turn green so I obsessively wash it...

I miss Glee but I am grateful for "So You Think You Can Dance" and "True Blood" because I love them as much as Glee...

I can't wait till camp is over so I can see my son...

I savor having my kids around so I can see them and do things with them that I can't do when they are in school...

I miss lacrosse season...but look forward to football season...but not wrestling...

I change my bedding to all-white and open my shutters all the time so my room looks bright and sunny...

I wear a lot of pink and coral lipstick

I wear a lot of turquoise clothes...cause they look good with my tan

I am grateful for air conditioning...

Inspiration Song: "In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry...

Bye Darlings...I hope you are enjoying YOUR summer...I sure am!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment