Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Unpretty

So now that I have filled you in on TCBITW and his wrestling let's get back to something REALLY interesting...

me
me
me

Because it is all about me you know...

at least this blog is....

So thanks to the 5 hour drive to Dallas and back that included an extended period of time on an overpass due to road construction and 8 hours in the gym I am now in what is commonly referred to as "swell hell".

I know that my working out has increased my swelling as well.  Dr. Baldwin warned me about that.  And if she knew the extent of the torturous rapturous ordeal that JayVee's spin class is she might have told me that I would pass "swelling" and move straight to "blown up like a balloon"...

So despite the fact that working out is good for me, it does make me swell.

And then there is that other little factor in there....

Buc'ees...

now for those of you who are unfamiliar...well, bless your hearts...because Buc'ees is only the most awesome road side rest stop/store/food place...well, like...ever...

and I do mean ever...

there is nothing like a Buc'ees...

clean restrooms
drink stations where you can be your own mixologist like at Sonic
great ice
jerkey
homemade fudge
beaver nuggets (some sort of popcorn like puffed thing that is totally addicting)

but you can also buy crap...like a cookbook for 101 things to do with Ramen noodles (I picked that up for Ke$ha Barbie), or a swing...or a blanket (I bought one on a choir bus trip because I was cold)...a BBQ pit...

various food items and things in jars

GOTT and TTG and I even bought a cane to use as a prop in a show once...

So on my little overnight trip to Dallas I indulged in Buc'ees...I had a sandwich, some jerkey, and once at the hotel I had a wee bit of fudge...and a wee bit more on the way home...

At the wrestling meet I could not bear to eat...mostly because there wasn't much in dining choices (unless I robbed the boys of their food and no way was I getting in the way of Mr. Heavyweight and his sandwich) and basically I just can't stomach anything when my son is wrestling.

So I had...a granola bar...

When the tournament was over at 4:00 I went straight to In and Out Burger and got me a double double with fries and a Diet Coke.  Since we don't have In and Out in Dallas I basically had to get one...

I hit Buc'ees on the way back to get another drink and more crap for TCBITW to have once he got home since he no longer has to make weight.

So this week I am up like 10 lbs...

what the hell?

Really?

REALLY?

Are you kidding me?

It really started to freak me out...like to the point of wanting to cry...

But Dr. Baldwin warned me this would happen...and frankly I totally deserve at least 2 lbs thanks to In and Out and Buc'ees...

Last night I had TCBITW end of season wrestling party...

(we pause now for me to inform you his coach awarded him the "Rookie of the Year" award and he was the only Freshman to make it into the stat books...awesome...my boy is awesome...and he is following the footsteps of Pretty Eyed Joe who was named as a captain next year...he will be the only junior to be one...yes I totally cried over both...ok back to the blog...end of bragging)

I had to figure out what to wear so I opted for a maxi dress that hides the offending swelling.

Sunday night I met a friend up at my club and another friend (male...just a friend...besides he drives a 4 runner not a big ass truck) kept telling me how great I looked...if only he knew that I had on major hardware in the form of my compression garment to keep it all in...I still felt puffy but it was nice to hear...

I basically live in maxi dresses and yoga pants...

So today I am driving around and I have my iPod plugged in and it's playing the latest group of songs I downloaded for JayVee for spin class and "Unpretty" comes on...

And although the words aren't how I feel (if you don't know the song it is about a girl who feels unpretty because someone else makes her feel that way about herself), I did feel a bit unpretty today.

But unlike the song, no one is MAKING me feel that way...

I am making myself feel that way...

So once I got home it was time for a little chat with Anice.

Because she needed a good talking to...

I have spent all this time in money on myself and I am gonna let a little swelling make me feel bad about myself?

Hell to the no...

What an idiot...

It's swelling...its not permanent and I can lose the weight...

But for about 1/2 hour today I was really feeling bad about myself.

And then I remembered seeing model Cameron Russell (she is a Victoria's Secret "Angel") on Good Morning America today and they discussed her TED talk and how she points out that many people think life would just be better if they had shinier hair and thinner thighs and if you were around a group of models, all with shiny hair and thin thighs that all they do is moan about how bad they look...

wow

some of the most beautiful women in the world...or rather women who are held up as a standard to others...and they still feel unpretty

So then I thought...

to hell with it...

I take care of myself

I workout almost every day

I eat healthy 80-90% of the time

I just had a tummy tuck and BA that make me feel great

I can survive JayVee's spin class

And the most important thing of all:

THE INSIDE OF ME IS QUITE PRETTY...I AM A LOVING WOMAN WHO PUTS OTHERS FIRST AND WOULD GIVE THE SHIRT OFF MY BACK TO A FRIEND...

INSIDE...

I.AM.GORGEOUS

So...

I'm no supermodel...and there aren't any men in big ass trucks lining up to take me out...

BUT...

I am not unpretty

even with the 10 extra swollen pounds...

I'm just having a "fat day"...

so I put on my baggy pants...

and my compression binder underneath for good measure...

and I had a few bites of chocolate mousse after the Ethiopian cuisine feast I cooked my boy...

and tomorrow...

I won't be unpretty either...

if only I could get my hair to have more oooomph...

here I go again....

Inspiration Song: "Unpretty" by TLC...actually a pretty good lesson for girls to not let some boy tell them they aren't pretty enough...

Bye Darlings....we all have unpretty days...just get over yourself and remember that it is the beauty inside of us that is important...








No comments:

Post a Comment