Monday, May 2, 2011

What the Hell?

Sorry for the 4 letter word in my blog title but that is literally how I feel...

Now I know you are all waiting for the OPRAH BLOG...but you are going to have to wait.

You see, they made me sign some sort of agreement that said I wouldn't blog about the show...it was prefaced by saying that I was not a reporter so I might be exempt but I don't want to face the wrath of Oprah so I will wait until AFTER the air date and then blog about it...I think I am safe then.

I will tell you that the show will air:

MAY 10

set your DVR now.

I did NOT get interviewed by her nor was I on stage.

I was in the special audience section with other people who had lost 100 pounds or more...so look for me in Section 5 (you will hear her say Section 5 or Group 5) and I am on the front row and wearing a turquoise dress.

You can't see the adorable shoes but you can totally see the amazing necklace my friend Joei made...it really completes the outfit...I think Oprah liked it!

So...no Oprah blog.

And yes, I said "what the hell?" when I read the confidientiality agreement.

What I can tell you is that my aunt Jane and I had the most amazing time in Chicago even though we were only there a little over 24 hours.

First...my hotel...

I totally recommend the Elysian Hotel if you are staying in Chicago.

Great location near the Mag Mile.

Very nice rooms...the bathrooms are great...tv behind the mirror in the bathroom...

photos:



But as nice as the rooms are...the staff was even nicer. We didn't encounter one staff member at the Elysian that wasn't nicer than nice and soooooo helpful.

So if you go to Chicago...stay there! It is rated #1 on trip advisor for a reason...

We were lucky enough to have some friends in Chicago so they came and picked us up and we went to eat at Bubba Gumps on the Navy Pier. We had a great time...I had a great Stoli dirty martini...

what the hell...I was on vaca...

The waiter said "someone at this table smells good...and is wearing my favorite perfume"...it was me and my Thierry Mugler Angel...I highly recommend it to...men seem to like it...had another cute guy recently tell me that I "smelled better than anyone he knows"...that was sweet...Thierry Mugler Angel....good stuff...

I"m single now...I can smell good...what the hell...

So we had a fun dinner and then went back to the hotel. My nerves were getting the best of me so I talked Jane into going to the bar...full well knowing I had to get up at 4 am...but what the hell...

So here we are in the bar...we are so cute!

After another Stoli dirty martini (or was it 2...what the hell...) we went to bed...I was texting Dimples because I was nervous...he calmed me down...

So I got up at 4 am and got as dolled up as I could and off we went to Harpo Studios. Jane looked gorgeous...look for her in a yellow dress sitting in the main audience!

I can't say anymore about it yet...but I will say it was an amazing and surreal experience and I love AngelAmy all the more for making me apply to the show and I love Dimples for telling me I was a fool if I didn't go...

After the show we went to eat some real-honest-to-God Chicago deep dish pizza at Giordanos. It was really good but it doesn't hold a candle to my uncle Steve's pizza he makes at the Pizza Parlor in KIngsville...it is the best pizza ever.

But we were in Chicago and I decided to break my diet.

what the hell...I WAS IN CHICAGO!!!!!!

So we ate pizza...here it is:


The cheese was oozing out like lava...and like lava it was hot and I burned my tongue...

what the hell...it was worth it.

So we had our pizza and then decided to work it off by shopping.

I hit Nordstrom Rack...and I did some credit card damage. But I figure I deserved it...

Then I decided what the hell...I need a cupcake...so we went to Sprinkles...I had a dark chocolate marshmallow filled cupcake...it was incredible.

Then, while in Sprinkles, I saw a girl with an H&M bag and decided that I needed to do more credit card damage.

H&M was a big success...

credit card...damaged...

oh what the hell...

After shopping we headed to the airport and got back to Houston...quick trip but oh so amazing.

I had to get up the next day and handle things at my son's school...things being lacrosse gear and uniforms...I got it done but when I saw the bit of a mess things were (thanks so some adorable and cute but not-as-organized-as-me male coaches) I had a "what the hell" moment. The 8th grade coach does get my undying love and affection as he actually did hang his uniforms up...I'm buying that man a bottle of Stoli...

Friday meant...choir day!

It was the middle school choir's annual trip to New Braunfels for the Schlitterbahn Sound Waves State competition.

We loaded the buses and headed down I-10.

And then I had a real "what the hell?" moment because we stopped at Buc-ees.

With 60 something 13 and 14 year olds...

what the hell...


Now for those of you who don't know what Buc-ees is...well, Buc-ees is the absolute very best place to stop, shop, and go to the restroom....none better...it is like the most amazing truck stop ever...minus the truckers...

NEVER pass a Buc-ees...stop even if you don't have to...

The kids were amazing there...they all got their food and got back on the bus with nary a problem.

We got to New Braunfels, checked into the hotel and headed to Gruene for some fun and then on to a river house that belongs to the family of some former students. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon...

I ate bad things...pizza, a big rib, bar-b-que, cookie cake...

what the hell...

and I watched GOTT play football for an hour and work off his bad food...I burned calories watching him...

The kids were great at the hotel...we headed to bed...woke up the next morning and headed to the competition.

The kids were amazing...all 3 choirs performed incredibly...treble (girls) choir sang like angels, the boy's choir blew me away, and the mixed choir made me cry.

And that, yes that...just hearing the kids...is why I chaperoned the trip.

That and getting to hang with GOTT and Coach Sweetness (or have I named him Cuteness? I forget...).

We took the kids to Schlitterbahn water park after that and waited for results.

We smoked 'em...

swept all 3 catagories...

state champs for the 8th year in a row...

I don't know why anyone wants to compete against us...and I'm sure they all say "what the hell" when they hear us sing...because they can't do it like we do...GOTT is the best choir director in the world...

So there you go...that is what the hell is happening in my world.

Dimples punished me but good for my sins...and yes, he was saying "what the hell?" when I texted him the pizza photo and told him how bad I was being.

And what the hell?

I gained like 3 pounds...

what the hell...it was worth it...

Inspiration Song: "What the Hell?" by Avril Lavigne...great song...what the hell...

Bye Darlings...sometimes you just need to raise a little hell...or give yourself a little hell...what the hell, you only live once...

No comments:

Post a Comment