Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So Into You

Hmmmm...I'm a lazy blogger...I've been so tied up that I have ignored writing and I find I have missed it...

but when you don't have time, you don't have time...

I find myself meeting myself coming and going sometimes...and I wonder how I got there...to the place where I keep finding myself coming and going...

So this got me to thinking...do I spend too much time taking care of others?

The answer...

maybe...

I've given myself enough time in the day to get myself a new body...so I do carve out the time so I can feel better...so, yeah, I got that...I pretty much don't let anything get in the way of me working out if I can help it...I hold my Dimples time and my spin classes pretty dear. I had to give up a spin class last week...it hurt...

And I have made time to handle my divorce...so yeah, I got that...since it is time to move on to the next chapter of my life and let my sweet soon-to-be-ex husband move on to his I have to attend to things like dealing with my wonderful (and I mean that in the best sense of the word) lawyer and what I need to do to move the divorce forward. I'm lucky that we can move on with love and peace and not at war...not going there...don't want to do that to him or me...so I do what I can to keep that peace and make it work.

but the meeting myself coming and going...well, that needs to change because I feel I am missing things in my life because I don't have time to breathe...

and I am finding that I'm so busy taking care of everyone else that sometimes I ignore myself except for the little time I take to work out and shower...

Now according to Ke$ha Barbie I only think about myself and I am totally self absorbed and I don't do anything except take care of myself.

Have I mentioned that she is a 17 year old girl?

Yeah...that explains a lot...really, no seriously...I mean it...

Please, oh please someone tell me that I am not crazy and that is how all 17 year old girls view their mother...or at least some of them...

I chalk it up to her being a teenage girl and like most teenage girls, she thinks her mother is lame and stupid...I know I did when I was 17...

little did I know that my mother was the smartest and greatest person in the world...I discovered that about, oh...18 years old...maybe 19...

So Ke$ha Barbie thinks I am only "in" to myself but nothing could be further from the truth...because I spend 90% of my time taking care of others...

For example...today I played "therapist" to 2 girlfriends and did some shopping for a friend who didn't have time to breathe much less go to the store...so I did the shopping.

After all, I have a 2nd degree black belt in shopping...

and I never met a mall I didn't like...

and it gave me a great excuse to look at the Dillards shoe department....and self-absorbed and "all about myself" as I am I walked out of there with...

not one pair of shoes...

not one handbag...

not one cute dress...

not one lipstick.

But I did get my son some polo shirts (on sale...remember that black belt I have) and what my friend needed.

And about that shopping for a friend...you know, you can shop online...and you can shop in real life...but shopping via text is not recommended.

Every time I texted my friend about a choice in what was needed I had to run outside the store because I had no cell service inside the store. 5 texted photos later I finally got what was needed. There are better ways to shop for someone...next time it will all be a surprise because texting back and forth to discuss the color of a pair of shorts is not an efficient way to shop...

Like I said I have that 2nd degree black belt in shopping...and to get that you don't spend a lot of time doing the shopping...one of the requirements for black belt shopping is quick decision making...

you can't do that when you are texting someone who is working...

So I helped my friends today...

that was very self-absorbed and "all about me" I would say...

Last night I cooked dinner for a friend...and cleaned the kitchen after...very self-absorbed of me...

the night before I cooked dinner for Dimples and his girlfriend and my dear long-time friend Tiersatastic (yes that is a hard nickname). We had a blast...I cooked a full meal...very self absorbed of me....and it was a damn good dinner. I served Dimples a Fred Flintstone sized ribeye while we girls had nice dainty filets. We were celebrating Dimples winning a big state football game and the end of his select football season. My Dimples has many talents---trainer, football coach, therapist...so he deserved the kudos...

And I spent all day Friday and all day Saturday costuming children for the 8th grade musical...and no, I don't have an 8th grade child...I do it for GOTT and the love of the children....I don't do it because I am self-absorbed..

I guess I am pouting a bit about my daughter thinking I only take care of myself but I really take care of myself for only about 2 hours a day (unless you count sleeping and then that number goes up to about 8...). I spend an hour working out and about an hour grooming myself...

that's it...

22 other hours...

ok, minus the 6 hours I sleep...

so I spend about 16 hours a day taking care of everyone else.

That is very self-absorbed of me.

The funny thing is...

I don't mind that I spend so much time taking care of others.

I really enjoy it.

I truly had a blast today helping out my friend with the shopping.

I really loved helping my friends out today by listening to their problems and just telling them that I loved them.

I really and truly loved working with GOTT and TTG on the musical and I loved being with the kids and I had a blast doing it. I got paid in hugs and kisses and as I have said before that is a salary that is more precious than gold.

So will I change?

Maybe I should become more self-absorbed and spend more time on taking care of me...

nah...

that would just make me crazy...

but maybe, just maybe I can find a little time to sleep...

how very self-absorbed of me...

Inspiration Song: "So Into You" by the Atlanta Rhythm Section...great song...always has been...

Bye Darlings...let me know what I can do for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment