Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hurts so Good

Hurts so good?

notsomuch...

well, maybe...

yeah, I guess it does!

Actually, I am in a world of hurt right now thanks to Coach Dimples...and this morning I was in a world of hurt thanks to some excellent Veuve Clicquot Rose champagne that I was overserved last night at my friend's birthday bash.

So last night we celebrated the fact that my fabulous friend Pretty Patricia was having the anniversary of her 25th birthday...she is only 25...give or take...but bless her good genes she doesn't look it!

She hates surprises...and doesn't much care for birthday celebrations (she told me this)...so we had to have a surprise party, doncha think?

I didn't plan the party...actually, I was a late addition...my neighbor was hosting the party and she and the other hostess found out the other day that I am also friends with Pretty Patricia so I got invited to come and swill the champagne in honor of my friend and her anniversary of her birth.

Pretty Patricia and I are "new" friends...we spin together and recently discovered we have a lot in common and just "clicked"...she's already special to me...you know when you just know that someone is meant to be your friend? Yeah, that's her...and the other friends we have in common are some of my favorite people so I'm just surprised we haven't connected before.

I love making new friends as much as I love treasuring the old friends...in fact, this week a dear old friend (I should blog about her...her name IS a song title) is moving away from Texas and it breaks my heart to not have gotten to see her...but it gives me an excuse to travel to California. She let me perm her hair when we were in high school---that took guts on her part, and stupidity on mine. I was lucky she was still my "bestie" (best friend) after that...

so...old friends, new friends...all good friends...

Back to the fabu party...because it was fab-u-lous...

Pretty Patricia was surprised...the champagne and vodka flowed...my neighbor (the hostess) who I shall call "Extravanessa" (because she is extravagant in a totally fabulous way...not in a "spending" kind of way...but extravagant with her love, charm, and friendship!)is always the "hostess with the mostest"...so it was a great "women only" party...except for Javier who works for Extravanessa and was taking GREAT care of us ladies.

So...the Veuve Clicquot...mmmmmmmm....rose.....yummy...I mean, if you are going to overdo it with champagne, it might as well be a really really good one!

Bacchus approved this morning when I told him...I think he was a bit jealous...he was all like "Wow! You got the good stuff served to you...I hope you had all you could" (since he knew I only had to walk across the street and not drive). Then he suggested that I might need a bucket beside me at spin class---if I only had something I could have thrown at him to retaliate...he was, after all, insinuating that I looked "hung over"...bah! Which I was...a bit...just a tiny bit...

I am grateful that I did eat during the party...and no, I am not logging it, and yes, I told Dimples...like Bacchus, he just laughed at me...and suggested I not try it again. He was pleased that I managed to avoid eating a cupcake...but I did indulge in some very yummy salmon in cream sauce (I hate hate hate salmon, but this stuff was extraordinary...), rare filet, and asparagus with prosciutto, and of course the rose champagne...

So this morning when I woke up and drank my liver cleanse it is because my liver needed it...

And I managed to get all the way through spin class...no bucket needed...and burned off 350 calories and sweated out Rose Champagne and Tom Ford Black Orchid perfume.

And...

this afternoon Dimples punished me for another 350 calories and did his level best to push it as much as he could for calorie burn and heart rate.

A bajillion squats and lunges later (with weights in my hands) I can barely walk or sit...I even sent him an email to pat himself on the back for the excellent punishment he gave me today.

But unlike the bit of champagne pain this morning, THIS, the pain from the training session, does "hurt so good" because I know I worked myself to my limit and I let Dimples push me as hard as he could.

On second thought as I sit here I'm wondering how someone with such a fat caboose could hurt while sitting on it (and all the natural padding that the caboose has!).

I can't wait to see what he has in store for me next week...with Thanksgiving coming up I know I need to push hard...and I told him that he has been so sweet and patient and helpful with me that I might give up on one of my "I won't do this" rules...I will let him make me run...but he has to show me how to do it so I am really running and not looking like I am about to launch myself into a male dancer's arms...I run like a ballerina, not an athlete!

Thank goodness for Advil...

Inspiration Song: "Hurts so Good" by John Mellencamp...oldie but goodie and totally fitting...

bye darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment