Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mamma Mia

Oh, Spinderella...why art thou so awesome?

Because, my friends...she is...she is AWESOME.

Today's spin class was like the best one ever...ever...ever...

Because our video selection for the day was..."Mamma Mia"...one of the few movies that I will watch repeatedly. Seriously, if it is on, I am mesmerized and must watch. I have even stayed up way past my bedtime to watch it for the 367th time.

I have a few other movies that I do that with:

The Sound of Music
Gone With the Wind
Auntie Mame
(not "Mame" but Auntie Mame with Rosalind Russell)
50 First Dates (I can tell you where on Oahu almost every scene was shot because I literally traipsed all over the island to find them...)
and
The Fifth Element---I can't really explain my fascination with that movie...but I love love love it

so add "Mamma Mia" to the list...

On the video screen is our diva, the Divine Miss Meryl (Streep...like you didn't know that, right?) and friends and Greek Chorus dancing about and singing to Colin Firth (sigh), Pierce Brosnan (sigh), and Stellan Skaarsgard (I don't really swoon over him but his son, Alexsander, now he is my crush...my one blonde crush ('cause I think Brad Pitt is more of a brunette)...my hot vampire..."my" Eric Northman of "True Blood" fame...so I will allow a "sigh" for dad since he sired the object of my affection).

I so want to go to Greece where they filmed that movie...

I need to go to Greece...

I belong in Greece...staying in some cute all-white place wearing white filmy skirts and dancing about on the beach with the heavenly water...and cute Greek boys who bring me cute Greek drinks (but not Ouzo...)

Yep...I'm going to Greece...

someday...

But for now I will obsessively watch Mamma Mia and dream about Greece...

So Spinderella put on the video and gave us a good dose of ABBA music (in case you don't know, the whole musical/movie "Mamma Mia" is based on the music of ABBA). We rode those bikes like Lance Armstrong and forgot the pain as we sang to "Money Money Money" and "Dancing Queen" while we watched Madame Meryl and Co. entertain us on the video screen all while Spinderella told us how much tension and speed we needed to get us to the point of death...

It. Was. Awesome.

To top it off, Spinderella is an incredible jewelry designer and she promised to make me a few necklaces after I told her I was obsessed with one she made a friend.

Note to Houston friends---email me for an invite to the jewelry show I am having with a friend in October...

Back to the blog...

Ah, Spinderella...between spinning and jewelry, you will make me lovely...

I cleaned up and headed to the school so I could keep working on my costumes for the show that is in 6 weeks...a terrifyingly short amount of time. And then I found out from GOTT that the headmaster wants to move all my costumes off site when they aren't in use...

Note my use of the word "my"...I think of them that way...

Mamma Mia...

Not good...

I have been known to change a costume 5 minutes before curtain.

My my...I could never let you go...(the costumes, that is...)

So now I scramble...because I don't know when they are getting packed off...I hope I can talk her in to waiting until after the show so I can really organize it into boxes and so I can find what I need when I look for it.

Mamma Mia...

Just thinking about it is making long for a (big) glass of wine.

Or vodka...

I have settled for wine, having just poured myself a glass...which means I need to finish this blog before I finish my wine...or heaven knows what I will say...

Mamma Mia...here I go again...my my how can I resist you? (the wine, that is)

I am ALMOST halfway to my goal weight...re-read that sentence...not almost to my goal weight, but HALFWAY to my goal weight. It has become a way of life---the gym and my eating habits---so I hope I can hold onto it.

I've been watching "Thintervention with Jackie Warner" on Bravo. It's a good show if you want some diet tips along with your reality television. She has great tips and if you go to the Bravo website you can get more.

Like this: cottage cheese is a good diet food...not just for the calcium, but the casein in it is a fat burner...and less sugar compared to yogurt.

I think I have a bit of a girl crush on Jackie...she is so pretty and fit. But I think she would still make me cry like she does the people on her show so the crush would evaporate pretty quickly.

I think I'll keep my vamp crush instead...he might suck my blood but Jackie would cause me pain...LOL

Check out her show...you might get a girl crush on her too...or at least pick up some diet tips so you can counterract what you see on "Top Chef Just Desserts" (I am a Bravo afficianado).

Mamma Mia...dessert and fitness tips...all on one network.

I've also been Mamma Bossy lately. Last week I noticed Coach Dimples (one of the football coaches...) moving the boys backpacks that they threw on the field after running off the bus. (because they were late because heaven only knows where the bus went but it wasn't straight to the field). I went over to him waving my arms and yelling for him to STOP and let me do it so he can "go and coach my son". I got a "really?" and some dimples for that and shooed him off and called my minions (the dads) over to move the backpacks.

So I talked with him after the game and told him that he needed to let us (the parents) take care of some of the field set-up (we are on an off-site field while our school fields are re-sodded...a process which was supposed to be done in August) and we could take care of getting the Gatorade and water to the field.

Again, I got a "really?" and some dimples...

I talked to the athletic director and he said "if it is good with the coach, it is fine by me". I emailed Coach Dimples and said "just let us handle this because basically I will bully my way into getting my way so just give up and let me help you" and then told him he could confirm it with Precious and Adorable History Teacher/football coach (that I would bully him to let me help).

Sure enough he says something and P&A History Teacher/Coach tells him it is way easier to give in to me than argue and that thus far I have been only good help so use it. I love P&A History Teacher...he learned quickly...

Poor Coach Dimples didn't stand a chance...now I just have to make my minions (the dads) do my bidding...because I want the coach to follow or lead the bus and I want him focused on coaching and not on Gatorade...

Mamma Mia...here I go again...

Yesterday I did a "two-a-day" and did cardio in the morning and went back to the gym for "Body Pump" at 6:30.

So I am going to close this out, finish my wine, swallow a handful of Advil, and go to bed so I can do it all again...because tomorrow is another two-a-day and Thursday I get my spin date with my other favorite spin girl (I have got to come up with a good name for her because she is so darn cute and awesome). And then my son has a football game Thursday afternoon where Mamma Mia is going to make sure Coach Dimples takes care of her son and not backpacks.

Bye Darlings!

Inspiration song: "Mamma Mia" by ABBA or from the movie soundtrack...I do love me some ABBA...

No comments:

Post a Comment