Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

Right now I have about a dozen teenagers in my backyard.

Only one of them belongs to me...the rest just think they do.

One of them brought firecrackers...

yes, firecrackers.

I think that is against the law.

Not having them...just shooting them off. Which is what they are doing.

I have told them that if I hear one more go off I will banish them from my property.

Seriously...

So since I am up and making sure that none of them help themselves to my wine or Stoli vodka I thought I would blog about...nothing...but whatever...I'm blogging.

So I will tell you about my weekend. The teenagers being here is a fitting end to it...

Because it was a very good weekend...minus the dozen teenagers and the firecrackers.

So Friday was the first of a two-part celebration of my sister-wife GOTTESS' birthday. We call each other sister-wife because we share GOTT...she's married to him but I'm the "work wife" so there ya go.

So GOTTESS is celebrating the anniversary of her 25th birthday. I won't tell you what anniversary but in any case it is a very fun number and she looks at least 10 years younger than her driver's license shows. GOTTESS is HOT!

So she decides that we need a rock star weekend. So she buys tickets to the Katy Perry concert for her and 5 friends.

And she rents us the Rock Star Suite at the Hotel ZaZa.

OMG

OMG

OMG

We lived and partied like rock stars.

I picked her up to go to the hotel. We both were toting food and wine.

She had been informed by the hotel that outside food and beverages were not welcome at the hotel.

The suite has a full kitchen...



So Lucy has some 'splainin to do as to why there is a kitchen (with a Sub Zero fridge/freezer, cooktop, dishwasher and oven) but no food...

We decided to take our chances and brought in our own snackage.

So we get to the hotel and go up to the suite...OMG...

Here are a few more photos...they don't do it justice...





Suffice it to say that I don't think Elton John would complain.

It was awesome...study, living room, dining room, kitchen (use that useless set of appliances that you can't use), 2 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.

And a view of downtown that was breathtaking.

And a whole lotta chandeliers....

We squealed like 12 year old girls who had just gotten on an elevator with Justin Bieber...

First order of business...put up the food and put on our suits so we can head to the pool.

SuSu (one of GOTTESS' besties) joined us and we headed down to the pool for some adult beverages and some sun.

(We interrupt this blog for a brief special report...for the last 2 minutes Ke$ha Barbie's car alarm has gone off and any second now I expect the police at my door...between that and firecrackers I'm sure my neighbors hate me...I'm banishing the teenagers).

So back to GOTTESS' celebration...

GOTT joins us...he is our chauffeur for the night...I think we confused every other guest at the pool because we all kept calling him our husband. Our own little version of "Big Love"...

After a few tasty mojitos (I recommend the "blue" version with blackberries and blueberries muddled with the mint) we went upstairs and ate and did the best version of a rush job "let's look hot" that we could...

Here is a photo of me...not very good...sadly does not show the fabulous sparkly shoes I wore (that really killed my feet) or my crazy blue nail polish...I haven't asked the other girls if it is ok to post their photos so you just get me...it was windy...my hair was "meh"...dress rocked tho....


So the world's handsomest and best chauffeur (GOTT) drove us to the concert and was very very very happy he wasn't going with us.

We grabbed a drink and headed to our seats to catch the opening act...

which was...

terrible

I think one of the girls described the girl (her name was Robyn...I pray she isn't your dear friend...please know I'm sure she is very nice but she was not worthy of Katy Perry) as sounding like a cat screaming...or in heat...or both...

or maybe that is just my description...

I tried to block it...suffice it to say I will not be downloading any of her songs.

Thankfully I had enough "adult beverages" in me that I survived it...but just barely.

Finally Katy hit the stage and she totally rocked. She was great.

She was very cute and entertaining and her entire stage looked like a "Candyland" gameboard.

She made about 15 costume changes during one song (Hot & Cold)...I still don't know how she did the last one---glitter cannons went off in front of her and suddenly she was in a new dress.

AS a costume person this totally intrigued me...

So the show was great and once it was over...well, when you have 6 women who have just spent 2 hours looking at a stage full of candy we only had one thing on our minds...

The CRAVE CUPCAKES that were waiting at the suite.

So GOTT shows up to whisk us back to the suite and the cupcakes did a disappearing act.

We were joined there by a few more friends and we stayed up late playing some games and having a grand time.

At 1:30 I decided that I wanted to sleep in my own bed so since I had stopped drinking and was sober and not too tired I drove home and enjoyed my Temperpedic mattress and slept well.

Saturday I ran some errands...

And then I had my little adventure with the pool boys.

If you read my Facebook Status you know what happened...but for those of you in blogland I will repeat:

So topless sunbathing is NOT a good idea. I was laying out, getting my tan nice and even and took off my top. No one was home and no one was coming home. The pool people come on Thurday (so I thought) and it is usually a woman (so I thought) so I thought I was safe.

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

I had my headphones in and the music was a bit loud. I closed my eyes to enjoy the sun and somewhere between a Manchester Orchestra and Joss Stone song I open my eyes to discover I am not alone.

Yes, the pool boys had arrived.

And they were boys....or at least closer to Ke$ha Barbie's age than mine.

I calmly put my top back on and tried not to die of utter mortification.

I hope they enjoyed the show.

It would have been a better show had I already let Dr. Bonnie Baldwin work her magic so instead they got...well, they got what they got...

So to get over that little lesson in humiliation I decided I better do something to improve my mood so I went and had a great time having a pedicure in the company of AngelAmy and we cooked us a fine dinner on the grill and had a grand time.

Today I got up and went to JayVee's spin and express weights class and was joined by Trainer Girl.

After lunch with JayVee we (me and Trainer Girl) hit the pool and then cooked us up some shrimp on the barbie and settled in to enjoy our show---True Blood. Great show tonight except that we did not have enough shirtless men...if you haven't watched that show it is totally worth getting HBO just to see the men.

And so now I have teenagers making too much noise in my backyard and I'm just trying to not go crazy.

I've got to get up tomorrow and face Dimples and tell him the damage I did...

Oh, and one more thing...

On Saturday I bought a gun...

but that's a whole other story...and blog...

Inspiration Song....well what else could it be? I saw the Katy Perry concert on Friday night so it HAD to be "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)...great song, great show, she's a great little entertainer...

Bye Darlings...party like a rock star any time you can...but don't sunbathe topless unless you are sure the pool boys aren't going to show up...

No comments:

Post a Comment