Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dream On

Wow...a week has gone by since my last blog...

I guess I have been busier than I thought...

so....

did you miss me?

I've missed blogging...sat down a few times to do it but got distracted or wasn't "feeling it".

But tonight I am...

So what is going on with the shrinking violet these days?

well...first and foremost I must thank you all for the love and support you gave me as I faced the anniversary of my mother's death.

I got through it just fine...in fact, I got through it "pretty good".

I had many times dreamed of being able to get through that day without wanting to cry all day or take to my bed. This year I did it...

I only cried twice...once first thing in the morning when I got up and faced the day. The second time was when I was watching the children rehearsing a scene from "Annie" for their 8th grade musical. They were doing the scene where they sing "Tomorrow"....well, that got the tears to flowing...my mother loved that musical and that song in particular.

But it was cathartic...and I survived it

I went to my workout and did like my mama would want me to...I worked my ass off! Something that a few years ago I wouldn't have dreamed I could do.

Then I hit the grocery store to get stuff to make for dinner for my friend to join me.

And yes...I bought and cooked with butter...more on that later...

Got the groceries home, cleaned up and headed to the store...and yes, I bought a hot dress...bought a couple in fact! Nordstrom Rack is the bomb...it is a dream store...

Met with my lawyer and filed for divorce.

Now that sounded a bit cavalier...but it sorta was.

I mean, these days all your lawyer has to do is file electronically....

People, you can file for divorce over the internet!!!!!!

It's almost too easy....and although I sound a bit flippant now...I did carefully consider the decision to do so.

But I am changing my life and that is part of it.

I"ve dreamed of a new life for myself and although I was married to a great man...he is no longer the man of my dreams.

I came home and fixed dinner.

I decided to do my mama proud and made steak, homemade mac and cheese (Martha Stewart's recipe and yes, it is awesome and yes, it is terribly fattening!), salad, coca cola cake...and green beans (had to have something healthy).

My friend came over...she was a good comfort and we laughed and had a very nice night and I did not shed one tear...

very good...

she left and I went to bed...happy and satisfied that I had not just survived the day but I LIVED it!

Life has been bumping along pretty normally since then until yesterday.

Because yesterday....

I got another OPRAH email.

Seems they want those of us who have lost the weight to send them our "fat" clothes. I kept a few. Not happy things...things to remind me not to be that girl again. So I will send them the clothes.

Now my big challenge is what to wear to the show.

I want to wear my mother's black Gucci knit dress. It is fantastic...tight, knit, sexy, no back, high cut in the front and shows off my shoulders to a "t".

But they (the Oprah show people) say that black doesn't look good in HD.

So now I am considering 2 blue dresses...both are good looking and fit me beautifully.

One is a "9" the other is a size "8"...

I like them both so I have asked my fashionista friend AthenaGal to come over and help me choose. She is the most stylish person I know and I totally trust her judgement.

And I have an awesome pair of shoes to wear with either dress...and you know it is all about the shoes...

So the Oprah producer says that there is a chance some of us could end up on the stage...I want to look good enough for them to single me out for that honor!

So we'll see...I still can't believe that in one week I will be in Chicago to live a dream and see the Oprah show live and in person...

It won't seem real until I am there.

So for now it just seems like a dream...

Just like losing the weight did...

Just like wearing the Vera dress...

Just like applying for the Oprah show (thank you AngelAmy for making me do so and Dimples for making me go...)

Just like moving on with my life as a happier, healthier person...

And I will keep dreaming on....because that is what will move me forward!

Inspiration Song: "Dream On" by Aerosmith...without a doubt one of my favorite songs...

Bye Darlings...dream on...it will move you to do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment