Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good Day Sunshine

Today was Festival day at our church/school...

I think I have blogged about Festival before...that once upon a time I was the chairman (that was hell) and that many times I was in charge of cascarones (confetti eggs)...

and that I usually like to stay afterwards and float the kegs...

But not this year.

Because I was a tiny, itty bitty bit...well, heck...I had a hangover...

maybe I should have called this blog "Jose Cuervo You are a Friend of Mine"...because last night I drank several...several...skinny girl margaritas...

wish I had never discovered those...I was doing good saying no to tequila until I discovered a low calorie margarita...and I like them better...

so...I had a few margs last night while I celebrated my girlfriends birthdays.

It was a blast...

I have discovered some nice things about being "the single girl" in a crowd of couples:
1) they feel they need to babysit you so you get rides to and from the parties so you don't have to drive...and then you can drink!
2) the husbands take care of you by buying drinks for you when they get one for their wife
3) if you are someplace where there is no bartender, the males will make the drink for you...just smile and say "I'd love a...."

hmmmmm...

maybe I should have tried this single thing sooner...

So I decided NOT to float the kegs today...because beer just sounded...awful...

But the party was a blast so it was worth it.

I did enjoy the festival too...by then my hangover had subsided...and it was bright and sunny and beautiful out and I threw on shorts I hadn't worn in YEARS and enjoyed myself...and managed not to let one child hit me in the head with a cascarone...

see the problem with cascarones is the confetti...it becomes like a virus...it multiplies and spreads and before long you have confetti everywhere...your car...your house...your bed...

so...no confetti for me today...would have mussed up the hair and the hair was looking good.

Before heading to the festival I made something really delicious for dinner. It was my friend Alicia's Pulled Pork.

I find it interesting and fascinating that Alicia is a vegetarian so therefore she has never eaten this incredible pulled pork.

Her daughter, Hatsie, whom I have known since she was a baby in diapers, writes a great blog about cooking. I'm going to link you to it so you can get the recipe because she is so good at explaining it. All you need to know is that it is amazing.

I recommend becoming a follower of Hatsie's blog...she has some really great recipes.

http://tworecipes.blogspot.com/2011/04/mamas-pulled-pork.html

Hatsie's Mama...my friend Alicia the Delicious also writes a blog...here is a link...I think you will all like it...

http://aliciashealthchallenge.blogspot.com

I have another friend who blogs...she is so much wittier and funnier than me...I hope she won't mind me linking her blog here...but she cracks me up...and she is so very real...

http://maggiesextraneousthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/03/geekdom-and-other-reasons-my-kids-need.html


I have one more blog to share...she's a favorite of mine...she's a gal who has lost of ton of weight by gastric banding...but she is funny as all get out...

http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com/2011/04/dont-give-up.html

so give them a look...they are all great blogs I follow...

I know that this is a lazy way to blog...just linking you to other blogs, but I think they all have a point of view...and are fun to follow...

and that pulled pork is just the bomb people...

I plan to feed a few coaches with the leftovers...

they might propose marriage...

no, I just got rid of a husband...

and have full custody of the closet....

and why the heck would I give up that?

Inspiration Song: "Good Day Sunshine" by the Beatles

bye darlings...enjoy the sunshine...check out those blogs...and make that pork...it may not be good for the diet but it is good for the soul...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anice...you were 'working' that cute/sexy shorts outfit with wedge heels yesterday....I would've never guessed you were hungover. Another thing I did not know is that you are no longer married! I had no idea!!! wow. Well, you look happier than EVER!
    (If this shows up as Sebastian....it's really me....Renee) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete