Wednesday, March 16, 2011

With a Little Help From My Friends

Ok...

I did it...

I jumped off the cliff!

No, really...I did...

Because...

Because...

Because...

I APPLIED TO THE OPRAH SHOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I'm never gonna get asked to be on there, but I thought "what the hell" and did it.

Actually, my high school "bestie"...let's call her AngelAmy...cause she's an angel to me...

anyway...

AngelAmy writes me and tells me that Oprah is looking for people who have lost over 100 pounds.

Woo-hoo! That's me!

Hey, Oprah! Lookit me! yes me! I'm the chick that blogs about you...

I love you, Oprah...

Me, here! Lookit me!

And you don't have to get me the Vera Wang gown...but I would really really really like it. I would so love to twirl about on your stage in a Vera...

So AngelAmy tells me to apply...and so I did...

Cause I usually agree to her ideas...even (mumble) years after high school.

So I made Ke$ha Barbie take a photo of me to send to Oprah.

Do you want to see it?

It is a terrbile photo...I have no make up on...I just had finished spin class...I'm not even wearing shoes...I'm a mess...but it is what it is...

Here goes:


Ok...so that is today's photo...I'm officially down 127.5 pounds today.

So there I am...a big hot mess...

I promise to post a better photo soon...maybe when I wear "the dress"...you know the Vera cocktail number that I am wearing in one week and one day...

yikes...

As I filled out the "Oprah" form, I just linked them to this blog...I figure if they want to know me, they should read this blog.

But now I'm thinking that I might be able to get a little help from my friends...

So here is my evil plan to get on the Oprah show so I can meet her...since I didn't get to meet her the one time I was within a mile of her in the Sandton Mall in Johannesburg, South Africa...

YOU, yes YOU my readers are going to tell her about me...

Or rather, if you are so inclined.

Here's the link...and yes, it will take a bit of effort on your part...but if you fill out the form and say you read my blog maybe her producers will take notice and call me.

Here's the link:
https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.html?plug_id=7338751&cc=US

If that doesn't link you, copy and paste it into your browser...or just go to Oprah.com and click on "be on the show" and then "incredible weight loss stories"...

Tell her I have lost 127.5 pounds...
that I blog...
that I blog about her...
that all my blogs are titled after songs on my iPod...
that I am crazy...

Well, maybe you should skip the crazy part...

But, if you are so inclined...maybe it will get me noticed...

And I can meet Oprah!

I will cry...you know that doncha?

I will blubber like a baby...and maybe I will get the Vera gown...

Or meet Carson Kressley!!!!!

Or meet Vera again!

Or just bask in the presence of...the almighty Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe I can take Dimples with me and the whole world will see that he is the best trainer ever...and that he has really awesome dimples...and he is a sweetheart...and he has changed my life...and I am blessed to call him not just "someone who helps me" but "friend"...and I am a lucky girl for that...because I get by with a little help from my friend...

Now I realize that there is no way, no how I am gonna get a call from her producers...but it was fun thinking about it.

So anyway...that's what I did today...I did spin class (with J'taime Jamie!!!!!) and I applied to be on the Oprah show.

Not much else accomomplished...but hey, what the heck...I applied to Oprah...

I think that is pretty big!

And maybe...with a little help from my friends...I might get Oprah (or her producers) to notice me...

Notice me, Oprah!

I love love love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note, I want you all to know that your love and support means the world to me and without you I could never have accomplished this. I would not be the woman I am without my friends. My friends are everything to me and you are my family. I cannot imagine my life without a single one of you. You literally support me...and yes, I get by with a little help from my friends...

And some of you are more than friends...you are my lifeline...

Inspiration Song: "With a Little Help From My Friends"...by the one and only Beatles...one of the most awesome songs ever...

lyrics below...because despite the part about getting "high", it is realy great...and without my friends I would never have been able to do this.

Bye Darlings...get by with a little help from YOUR friends...

With a Little Help from My Friends...by the Beatles...
What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

Do you need anybody?
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love.

What do I do when my love is away.
(Does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, gonna to try with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody?
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love.

Would you believe in a love at first sight?
Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine.
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody?
I just need someone to love.
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Ooh, I get high with a little help from my friends
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends,
with a little help from my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment