Monday, March 14, 2011

Derezzed

Strange title for a blog...

But that is how I am feeling right now...a little derezzed.

Now I am not sure what Daft Punk means by "Derezzed" when they wrote the song for Tron:Legacy but in my book "derezzed" means...

out of whack

Which is what I am...

It started the other day with a little errand I ran with my fabulous girlfriend Athenagal.

We were to meet a couple of gals at company that specializes in big party props. Athenagal and I are chairing the 7th grade Medieval Feast and so the decorations chairman wanted us to see all the castle props, etc. she was picking out.

I knew where the warehouse was...or thought I did.

So Athenagal and I had breakfast together and headed out...and while on Post Oak we pass the place where I think the warehouse is.

Now thanks to super iPhone technology...

we got ourselves into trouble.

Because in the "old days" when you just had a phone, and not one that handles emails as well, you would have just used the phone to call the company and ask "where are you located?".

But we had iPhones so Athenagal says she will look on the email from the decorations gal and it has the address.

Little did we know...

the address was...

you guessed it...

wrong...

So she plugs the (wrong) address into the GPS of her phone and we start in another direction...taking us to downtown Houston.

Our exit was...

closed...

So we had to go all the way downtown and then loop around...time is eating away at us...

We spend about 20 minutes getting to the address only to discover it was...

an elementary school...

so Athenagal looks again at the email and discovers that although the listed address was wrong, the decorations gal says it is "off Post Oak"...

which is where we originally were...

Athenagal felt stupid for not reading the email all the way...I felt stupid for not calling...and we both had a great laugh...

of course the entrance we needed to the freeway was closed and we made another loop around.

So we finally got to the warehouse...50 minutes late...and they were done.

We missed bootcamp for that?

There was a silver lining....I got to spend some fun quality time with Athenagal and Dimples gave us a personal training workout that kicked our...you know...

So Friday was all out of whack.

Derezzed....

Then I really derezzed Friday night by splitting 3, yes, count 'em 3, bottles of red wine with my good friend K. Her husband helped...a little.

Big time derezzed...

It is a miracle that I got up at 7 and made it to body pump and spin...but I did...I had to rid my body of the toxins from the crushed and fermented grape juice.

Sunday started out funky because of the change from daylight savings time...which I love...because I love summer and spring and hate fall and winter. But the time change always affects my body clock.

I spent the rest of the day Sunday setting up my new Mac computer (went with the desktop...love it...using it now!) and cleaning up my desk.

So today I decided to un-derezz my house and do some spring cleaning.

I started in the kitchen.

Cleaning out the cabinets and everything in them.

Do I really need a fondue pot?

or a juicer?

or little metal tubes that bake bread into the shape of a heart?

I'm keeping them...but why?

I got the pots and pans and the "equipment" (fondue pots, blenders, etc.) cabinets done and then my ADD got the best of me and I decided to move on to my bathroom.

Cleaned up the countertop there.

The closet is still a work in progress but it is going to get more attention tomorrow.

My family is going to go to Rockport...I'm staying home to clean (without people to get in my way) and work on costumes for the spring musical.

Dimples is gone until Thursday and I already turned into a slacker today and skipped working out...although I think I kept pretty busy with the kitchen. And tomorrow is Spinderella so I am not missing my workout.

And to get un-derezzed...or would that be "rezzed"?

Because right now

Derezzed is what I am...

But I'm getting settled...and I will fill you in on more later...promise!

Inspiration Song: "Derezzed" by Daft Punk from the "Tron:Legacy" soundtrack. Fun little song that I often use to start my early morning ride...no words, just a driving punk beat...fun!

Bye Darlings...don't get derezzed!

No comments:

Post a Comment