Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rolling in the Deep

I'm not having an easy week...

Ever have one of those weeks where everything seems to collide?

Where you feel like you have too much to do?

Your outta control?

....yep, that's me here raising my hand...

I had a little breakdown on poor Dimples today. I literally sat down on the bench he wanted me to do step-ups on and started to cry. He wasn't sure what to do so he just listened.

He's amazing...and a good friend...and have I mentioned that I totally love him for it?

Yeah, I thought so...

So poor Dimples is watching me have a breakdown and I just shut down the workout.

We only had 5 minutes left anyway...

He kept everything positive and reminded me that so many things could be worse.

So what has me drowning?

As I prepare to type this and think about it all it really does seem trivial...really, it does...

It's just a really busy week...

I am teaching drama 3 days this week---Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. That in itself if NOT a big deal. I love teaching drama for GOTT when he is gone. Love it.

But...

his computer isn't working...

nor is his telephone...

which wouldn't be that big of a problem except that...

At the end of the week I have a very big event that I am co-chairing with my pal Athenagal. It is the 7th grade Medieval Feast and it is a big deal for the 7th grade class. We have wonderful committee chairs but it is a lot of work and overseeing of stuff.

And chairing an event using only an iPhone is not really a good way to handle things...but I have to since GOTT's computer is busted and his phone isn't working.

And then there is the parent party the night before.

Where I wear the dress...

You know...

THE DRESS

THE VERA WANG COCKTAIL DRESS I ONCE REFUSED TO WEAR WHEN MY MOTHER GAVE IT TO ME TO WEAR TO A PARTY...

A dress that when she died I plucked from her closet and told my Aunt Jane (the best person in the world...in case you missed that) that I was going to wear that dress...someday...

Well, someday is Thursday People!

I gotta wear the damn dress.

So yesterday I go to the lingerie store. Not Victoria's Secret...but a really "we know how to fit you and solve your problems" lingerie store.

I go in with the dress and tell them my story.

They go nuts.

And yes, they helped me figure out what to wear under a one-shouldered dress with a sheer back.

Still a little nervous about it all.

So I bought some killer heels today.

And when I say killer I mean that they are some seriously scary stillettos and they might just kill me...

If I don't drink too much wine I might manage to stay upright in them.

To top it off, Thursday is The Cutest Boy in the World's birthday.

And I've got to be at a darn party...so bless his sweet heart he knows we have to celebrate the next day...

I feel like a crappy mom...

I don't even see how I can bake a birthday cake (his choice: Coca Cola cake)before Saturday.

Now in reality, none of this is very serious or all that much.

And I could be fighting cancer or something more serious.

There is more going on in my life but I'm not quite ready to put it out here on my blog yet. But I will...

soon...

I promise...

But for now I need to keep things close.

I'm usually an open book with you. Heck, I even told you about shopping at Victoria's Secret for thongs, but for now this will stay quiet.

But soon...

So for now I feel like I am rolling in the deep...not quite drowning, but definitely treading water...

but I'm halfway there...and it will all work out...and it will all be good.

Thanks for listening...

Inspiration Song: "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. I am totally obsessed with her voice and this song. Her new album is amazing. But I really really love this song...

Bye Darlings...don't roll in the deep...take a deep breath and swim in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment