Thursday, January 6, 2011

Come Undone

I tried to write this blog last night but for some reason my blogger site wouldn't let me write anything...that was super frustrating. i didn't come undone, but it was frustrating and annoying to say the least.

But I'm glad I had a bit more time...because some things have happened that have made this blog come together a bit better.

So yesterday I did ALMOST come undone with some other things...

For those of you who are not familiar, my "job" is not a PAID job but I think of it as a REAL job just the same. I work with my friend GOTT (God of the Theater...drama teacher extraordinaire and the best damn choir director anywhere and my soul brother)and my friend TTG (Theater Tech God...my sweet funny friend who is also like a brother to me) and my friend Musical Muse (Musica director---I don't know how she plays plays plays that piano...she is amazing and beautiful). I costume the kids for the shows we do and help find props and just assist in general. I do this for free. I do this for love. And I love what I do...and I love my friends that I work with...

When you get paid in hugs and kisses from kids, well, that kind of salary is impossible to find...

Anyway...

So yesterday GOTT starts the process of casting our spring 8th grade musical. It is the highlight of their year and most of these kids have been looking forward to this for years. The kids knew before the holiday break what show we were doing and most have been learning the music and watching videos...

We were going to do "Peter Pan" (not the Disney version, the REAL stage musical).

I say "were" because we were going to do it.

So GOTT has the kids start auditioning...and then time is up in class. Barely scratched the surface. So the kids leave and Musical Muse goes to check her email while GOTT and TTG and I discuss production issues.

Musical Muse returns with a big frown on her face...she is was waving a sheet of paper.

In order to present a performance of a lisenced show, you have to buy and pay for the rights. We did that.

But the company that issues the rights pulled them...no more Peter Pan. Seems a tour is coming through and no how, no way we can do it.

The paper she was waving was the email informing her that the rights had been pulled. She called the company but they said "uh-uh"...basically it was like the thumbed their nose at us and said "too bad, so sad...".

I very nearly came undone. I don't know how GOTT kept his cool...he has been prepping this and working on it for weeks. When he does a show he puts in hours and hours of work getting the scripts ready, blocking things, figuring out WHEN he needs to block things, figuring out what the kids will read in the script to audition, etc.

I've been working on this...I've even purchased a few things for the show...guess they will go into a box until we get to do it...

This was a lot of work....down the drain.

I told him "we need to re-boot. God shut a door...but He has opened a window...go through the window...we will do something better".

We threw around some ideas and he settled on "Annie"...it will be great.

Because our un-doing will probably lead to greater things...

After that bit of excitement I moved on to my workout with Dimples...he is undoing my usual way of doing things...and I can happily report it is working. I so luv luv luv him...even if I am in pain pain pain when we are done...

I spent the evening watching the wrestling team and taking photos and then came home to discover that blogger would let me sign in but not compose anything...so I went to bed.

This morning I got up and ran a mile...2nd day in a row...little over a mile in fact...I thought when Dimples told me to try it I would come undone having to get up at least 30 minutes (really more like 45) earlier but I'm trying it...

I ran, went to school to be supportive when GOTT told the kids what happened, and then I went to J'taime Jamie's amazing spin class. It was great and the music was awesome and she played...

Andy Gibb...

You know, I was going to marry Andy Gibb...yes, I was! I had a plan...I was going to go to a concert, he would see me and would fall instantly in love with me...at least that is what I thought with my 13-year-old brain. I kissed his picture every night...him in his tight white pants and open red shirt.

He. Was. Hot.

In fact, I'm getting a little sweaty just thinking about him right now...and I am sad that he is gone and died so young...

I would have saved him from all of that cocaine if he had just wanted to marry me like I planned...

I had other crushes...Peter Frampton...Shawn Cassidy...David Cassidy...Parker Stevenson...but I was never a Leif Garrett kind of girl.

I came home from spin and plopped down to watch the "Oprah Show" I had DVR'd since I had to miss watching it yesterday...

And, guess who was on...

Peter freaking Frampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and

Shawn "I still got cute dimples" Cassidy...

WOW!

The Backstreet Boys and Jackie Jackson were also on but they never had my heart the way Peter and Shawn did...

Oh my my...

I forgot we have all gotten old...

Shawn is thicker and middle aged but seems like a genuinely nice guy. Peter has lost those luscious locks of his that he threw about so fetchingly in his youth.

Once I got to kiss his plane...yes, I kissed it because that was as close as I could come to kissing him. I flew to Houston in my dad's small plane and parked at the same hanger was Peter's very large jet. It had his name on the side. I couldn't get the door of our plane open fast enough. My father laughed until he cried as I joyfully ran across the tarmac screaming:

"PPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

He wasn't on the plane...

I just kept screaming anyway.

I just about came undone with the joy of being close to ANYTHING that was remotely related to Peter Frampton.

He. Was. Hot.

And you know what? Depite the lack of hair and age...the guy can still play guitar like nobody's business and is a genuine rock star and can still sing "Baby I love your way" in a very sexxxxxxy manner.

I would have come undone if I had been in Oprah's audience.

I would have cried and screamed "PPPPPEEEEETTTTEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!".

and sung along to every song...

This afternoon I had another session with Dimples...I achieved a resolution/goal...we broke the 400 calorie burn mark. We were both pretty happy about...he almost undid me at one point when I looked at him with sweat dripping off me and said "I'm not sure I can do it" and he said "yes, you can..." and so I did...

Because you see, today was a GOOD day...today:
we found a great show and the kids are happy...
I reconnected with my love for my teen idols...
I ran about 1.25 miles...
I had a great spin workout...
I burned 400 calories with Dimples and had fun every minute of it...

And...

And...

And...

And...

(is the anticipation getting to you?)

And...

And...

I've now gone under 200 and I have lost 100 pounds...

I am so blogging about that tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspiration Song: "Come Undone" by Duran Duran...because it is Duran Duran week...and because they often caused me to come undone when I watched them on MTV...Simon and the boys were so pretty...

Bye Darlings...it's ok to come undone...once in a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment