Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Obsession

I have become slightly obsessed with tracking this blog...followers, number of page views, where readers are from, traffic sources, referring websites, and the little graph that shows how many people have been reading my blog.

Like most things I am obsessed with...I'm more than a little obsessed.

Like the scale...I visit my scale several times a day. Not healthy, I know...but I do it anyway.

Cheese...yes, we all know my obsession with cheese. I think it is more so because I no longer really eat cheese except when I am having a food orgy. The last time I had cheese it was a love affair. That cheese was so good that if it had been a man, I would have made out with it...

I'm obsessed with working out. Today I did his bootcamp...twice...Hey, if you had a trainer as good as my Dimples is you would be obsessed too...because yesterday I went to the store and bought smaller workout pants...thanks to his guidance...

no, not on the pants...I did not make the poor darling go shopping with me...his guidance on eating and working out...

he does not guide me to be OCD with all of this by the way...that is all me...

I am obsessed with making soup these days...it's an easy way to eat my veggies and it warms me up

I am obsessed with roasting vegetables...because I don't have a grill and I like the way they taste after roasting better than just steaming...

We all know my Oprah obesession...good show today about happiness, by the way...

I am obsessed with the art history stuff I have been teaching...totally obsessed with Bernini's sculpture...if you watch "Angels and Demons" you will get a small dose of it...

so back to my thing with the stats...of course when I look at the stats have to totally over-analyze everything about it...I wish I had never clicked on that tab on my blogger "dashboard"...

So the blog I have written that has been viewed the most is "Feel Good Time"...the one with the fat photos...

lovely...

that is the one that resonates with you people...me and the fat photos?

Actually, it's all good...it is fine...it probably is one of the most honest, raw, and unfiltered blogs I have written. Just now sorta regret the photos...and the one I posted the next day.

So why so many views on THAT blog?

I mean there are half again as many views on that blog as the next most popular one.

Why?

Running in second place...but a distant second is "Singing in the Rain/Umbrella"...and then "Living on a Prayer" and then "Favorite Things"...

I cannot tell you why I write what I write any more than I can tell what you people want to read...but I try to keep it balanced between soul-baring torture, silly stories from my past, tips on how I have lost all this weight (over 107 pounds now), and...angst...

But if there are things you want me to blog about, I'll do it...or try to...even if it means some controversy (remember "Freedom 90"?...that little firestorm...actually it wasn't too much of one as I got mostly/almost all positive feedback).

I'm thinking it might be fun to have a contest...so let's try this...it will challenge your creativity and mine...

Submit to me a song title...you can do it on the comments here or post to facebook...I'll choose 3 and let you people vote and then I will write a blog that fits the title. If I can do a week based on Duran Duran I think I can do almost anything...but let's have a few rules about song ideas:

1) English please...I know I did "A Dios Le Pido" but that is one I am very familiar with...so if you can, stick to English...please no obscure Chinese folk songs.

2) Please, no songs before 1940...or if you must, not earlier than 1900...

3) No, I won't do strange songs like "Marzie Doats" or anything from Weird Al Yankovic...or "Muscrat Love" or "Run Joey Run" because there is absolutely no redeeming value or reason for those songs..

4) you may also say a song title and some sort of topic like "fitness" or "childhood"...

5) you have one week...

and now I know I will become obsessed with this...

Inspiration Song(s): I have 2 "Obsessions" on my iPod...that 80's one-hit wonder "Obsession" by Animotion or "Obsession" by Sky Ferreira off the Vampire Diaries soundtrack...take your pick...

Bye Darlings...give me something new to obsess about...

No comments:

Post a Comment