Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Take it Off

Uh-oh...

The scale is NOT sliding down...

which makes my anxiety go up!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I complained about it to the new trainer (Coach Dimples the football coach) and he told me to "quit getting on the scale".

Good advice...

if you aren't OCD like me about numbers.

I haven't started working out with him yet but it better be soon because I need something to shake up this rut I am in. I haven't lost a pound...not ONE pound...in over a week.

(I know that right now those of you who would like to drop 5 pounds are rolling your eyes, but when you are as heavy as I am, you NEED to lose at least a pound a week if you are working your @$$ off like I am)

I know he is not a genie in a bottle that can make my wishes come true but I do think he can do something to get me off this plateau because this is not where I want to live...I want to be further down that weight loss mountain.

I told him that I have a goal dress to wear and that he is basically going to work to get me to fit into a tiny little bit of black fabric.

He's a man...he won't get it...but I know that when I can wear that dress, I can pretty much wear what I want. Someday I will post a photo of the dress...right now it lives in a secret place in my closet and I just stare at it...

I'm not doing anything different than I have been for the last 8 months...I still spin with Spinderella and J'taime Jamie all the time and I do body pump ALL THE TIME and I eat right ALL THE TIME (I am growing gills from all the fish).

So what gives?

I don't know...but I will admit that I did indulge in a few gingersnaps. Just a few...

Last week, after The Cutest Boy in the World's football team won their last game (sealing the deal for an undefeated season) we had a party at a gourmet hamburger place. I ate with the coaches (because no one else was and I wanted them to feel wanted...especially Coach L's fiancee) and Coach Dimples looks at my plate---which just had a very rare hamburger patty on it (go ahead--say UGH! but I love my burgers rare)---and says "you can eat the bun!". Nope...too many carbs. The fiancee and I declared we were using our "bun" calories on our wine. I watched him (Dimples) down 2 burgers. So not fair...

Then I spent the weekend watching GOTT and TTG basically eat Mexican food garbage. TTG had burritos for heaven sake and GOTT ate enough queso with his nachos to put a Taco Bell out of business. I ate grilled chicken in corn tortillas. Salsa only. No queso. No chips. So not fair...

I also did 2 classes on Saturday and rode a spin bike for an hour and 5 minutes on Sunday along with running my tail off during our shows.

What did the scale say?

Not one pound lost. So not fair...

Bacchus tells me he feels fat. The man once weighed 300 pounds. He is gorgeous now...really gorgeous and he looks great. But he and I can commiserate about how hard it is since we have to really work at it (he rides bikes long distances and is a vegetarian) and that we constantly have kryptonite thrown in our faces (cupcakes = kryptonite and sugar = kryptonite for us). I complain to him a lot. He just tells me to buy more wine. That's a plan I can get behind...but I don't think Dimples is going to agree.

I'm sorry that I am whining...I really shouldn't...today I fit into a top I thought for sure would not fit and Musical Muse told me I looked positively "skinny" (everything is relative...I know I am not skinny). I was wearing all black so it was an optical illusion. Leggings and a top...with a BELT (haven't worn one of those in over 5 years).

I have no cold weather clothes. I'm not really in the mood to shop but I may be forced to buy some pants and a pair of jeans. THAT will be intersting and frustrating. I'm giving away all of my "fat" clothes because I never want to see or wear them again.

Because this weight loss is not just about fitting into a little black dress...it is about changing my life. My eating habits. My lifestyle. My activity level.

It's not just about taking it off...

It is about saving my life...

Inspiration song: "Take it Off" by Ke$ha...I love her music...and she looks like my pretty daughter Ke$ha Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment