Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More

If you really want more, scream it out louder,
If you're on the floor, bring out the fire,
And light it up, take it up higher,
Gonna push it to the limit, give it more.


More on that later...

So....
OOOOO....Coach Dimples...he's good...he is worth every penny, every squat, every lunge, every drop of sweat he gets from me...

Because he is making a difference in me and my body...and it is good...and I want more...

He got over 3 pounds off me in a week (oh, let's call it 4 pounds because it probably is)...not by changing things up completely, but by tweaking what I was doing...and by working my tail off in my workouts with him.

And as a reward, I'm going to give him more...I'm giving up the control...he gets to drive, or maybe it's more like he is navagating and I'm driving but I can only go where he tells me to.

Yes, that means tomorrow...I rest...sort of...

I'm still doing my usualy daily stuff...just no visit to the gym or workout.

And I have to wear the heart monitor all day...even to bed. That will be a challenge to my claustrophobia...

But I will do it...because I'm putting my faith and trust in him...and I know he is going to take me down the right road, the right path, in the right direction.

I have a party to go to tomorrow night.

The heart monitor is NOT a fashion "do"...the watch part is a definite "don't". I'm trying to figure out what to wear so I don't look completely stupid with this thing strapped around my chest...because this is a "girl party".

You know what a "girl party" is, don't you?

Just girls...

which means we try much harder with the clothes and jewelry!

The pary is at a friend's house and she is KNOWN for her fabulous parties. I always have a great time at her shindigs and the best part is that she lives close enough to walk...good when I have been overserved...

She is truly the "hostess with the mostess"!

My mom was a great hostess. She threw great parties, especially when she and my dad were still married.

Our house on the ranch was sort-of a split-level...not in the traditional sense of "split level" houses, but there was a bit of up and down to it, but no real "upstairs and downstairs".

The living room was raised above the entry hall...you walked in the front door into a large entry area and up some stairs to the main part of the house (except bedrooms).

My sisters and I would sit in the living room and watch everyone come into the parties---the living room was "open" to the entry hall and just had a railing. We could see everyone...

The best was the wild Halloween party they had one year to celebrate my dad's birthday.

My dad was born one day too late...November 1...All Saints Day...he was NO saint...he should have been born on Halloween...it was more fitting.

The costumes everyone wore were pretty great...I remember Brahma Cheerleaders and football players, bloody surgeons (scrubs worn in an actual surgery), Grandma Florence was Mother Nature (I still remember her in that outfit), Lily Munster (that was one of the crazy CCC people), an accident victim, Gus wearing regular clothes but had a big pumpkin drawn on his stomach because he refused to wear a costume. My mom and dad were Fred and Wilma Flinstone.

The party lasted forever...I'm sure I haven't heard most of the best part of that party or others...someone will fess up sometime...

We had a lot of Sunday parties...I have blogged about them before...what I wouldn't give for one more day of swimming in the pool until my toes bleed, listening to the jukebox while Peyton cooks burgers and I watch my mom and the other women I love sunning themselves, drinking rose wine, and wearing curlers under their kerchiefs. Good times...good times...

My mother also hosted the annual Women's Club Christmas Tea at our house. I longed to be a "Bluebonnet" (a teenage member of the Women's Club) and get to put on a party dress and go to the Tea instead of just watching it.

She always served "spiced tea" which was really just Tang and instant tea with some sugar and spices...but it seemed very elegant at the time. Somehow I think if I put that on my food log that Coach Dimples would have something (negative) to say about it...too much sugar...

My mom loved to have bridge parties at our house...I never learned to play bridge. The closest I have come to attending a bridge party was either to serve the bridge lunch at the Junior League (that was the worst thing ever) or to go to a Bunco party (always fun...).

I'd like to entertain more...I'd like to be more like my mother. But after construction and 2 floods I still am not entirely put together in my house so I don't really feel like hosting a party.

And I'm not sure what I would serve since I only eat Fit Food or diet stuff or healthy stuff...I guess I need to relax a bit on that sort of stuff and just go with it...or be like my mom and cook with a bunch of butter and deal with it later...of course cooking with butter is what got me here in the first place...

I like butter...

And I am facing Thanksgiving and that means...butter. Every dish my mother cooked had butter in it...the turkey was basted in butter, the stuffing has a ton of butter, the potatoes oozed butter, the sweet potatoes had enough butter that you could taste it over the marshmallow topping. Butter...

But I want more for myself and more for my body...so I will cut back on the butter and maybe do just a baked sweet potato for myself (since no one else in my house eats them), and I will use yukon gold potatoes for the "creamy dreamy" mashed potatoes so they will need less butter and I am trading in green bean casserole for roasted brussels sprouts. And honestly, the stuffing doesn't need POUNDS of butter, just enough for flavor...and I don't need to stuff myself with stuffing anyway.

I'm close to a goal...close to moving the "big" bar again (that means another 50 pounds gone!) and I want to say my weight starts with a "1" and not a "2"! So Thanksviging will be a challenge but just like my tough workouts with the Coach, I can push myself to do a little more to get a little more out of it...he doesn't let me give up on myself and he doesn't give up on me (even when I am late to our workouts like I was today). Why should I give up on me?

My mother wouldn't...she'd just throw me a party...and tell me to where her sexy dress...and go for more!

Inspiration Song: "More" by Usher. Honestly I found this song in Body Pump class...it is the ab/core track and it keeps me going so much there that I put it on my iPod and use it for my cardio now. The chorus really gets me going and it really says it all:

If you really want more, scream it out louder,
If you're on the floor, bring out the fire,
And light it up, take it up higher,
Gonna push it to the limit, give it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment