Monday, October 18, 2010

Losing My Religion

I really want to get back to my fun stuff and blogging about my weight loss and the reunion but things have happened lately so those things are taking a back burner...and again I will say "my blog/my opinion" so if you don't want to read about the power and Glory I believe God has, skip this blog...

So here is what is going on with me...after my last post I found out that my dear friend Patrick was in a very serious car accident on October 11. It was a devastating wreck and he almost lost his life. He is battling on as I type this and we still do not know his prognosis.

He suffered a very serious head trauma. His brain swells. They keep him sedated but there are times he moves. He had to have a procedure yesterday to reduce the pressure in his brain. They keep him on medicines to keep the pressure down but yesterday they had to do a procedure to drain fluid.

His beautiful wife, Carol, has great faith. She actually lifts ALL OF US up who love him. When I saw her the other day and we had a long, long hug I told her that I knew in my heart that Patrick would dance with their gorgeous daughter Annie (who is just a little girl) at her wedding, that he would hold his grandchildren, and that he will be Carol's husband, love, partner, and friend until they are old and gray...

I believe that with everything I have...

I know God will make it true...

I know God will heal him...

I've known Patrick since he was a young boy...my sister kept her horse at his house. He was just a little thing back then...he is a marvelous man now.

I'm keeping the faith...I am trusting God...I know that Patrick is in His hands. I know that God will show us His glory when Patrick comes back to Carol, Annie and all of us who love and adore him.

All of this got me thinking about faith...and loving God and trusting in Him.

Because I have questioned Him a lot...especially when I lost my parents.

But I know that it is normal to be mad at God and wonder if He really cares for us at those deep, dark times in our lives. I know He knows we will do it.

And I know that He has never abandoned me...and that he didn't take my parents home to Heaven to punish or hurt me.

But at the time I lost them I sure felt like it...and when I heard about Patrick I hit my knees...but this time I thanked God for getting Patrick into the hands of some of the best doctors in the world and this time I knew that God was going to be with us all on this journey with Patrick.

I don't mean to get preachy here, but I am feeling that I need to lean on Him a little more these days and I want to share it.

I've had some good events to remind me that He is so good...

My reunion with my camp friends was such a miracle...imagine that 26 years after the camp closed that so many of us would yearn to return. Many camps have reunions, but they are camps that are still going...our camp has been defunct since 1984. And yet over 30 of us showed up to share memories and hold hands again. Facebook may have been the tool, but God brought us together...and I felt so happy that weekend...

Last weekend I had the honor of watching my friend's son Bar Mitzvah. It was truly beautiful and this Episcopalian cried like a baby watching that boy (who I have known since he was 4 or so) stand up and chant his Torah portion...it was amazing...and beautiful...and God was there...

So, despite the title of my blog today, I have NOT lost my religion...I just liked the irony of it when I picked my title...and because that song has been on heavy play on my iPod since it was on "Glee".

I'm not going to write about any weight loss stuff today...it would be wrong. Because although God is helping me through, I can't mention my little struggle when I have someone I love who is fighting so mightily...

Please pray for my friend and his family. His sister-in-law is one of my best and dearest friends and their whole family is like family to me...they are all in pain over this and they are all keeping their faith in God to return Patrick whole and healthy to us.

I believe in the power of prayer...let's show the world what it can do...let's show Patrick that even those who don't know him personally can be a prayer warrior for him and help him in this fight...

I'm not losing my religion...I'm just becoming more and more convicted...and Patrick's recovery will be full of His Glory...

Inspiration Song: "Losing my Religion" by R.E.M. or the Glee cast version (the orchestration is gorgeous in that version)...

Bye Darlings...

No comments:

Post a Comment