Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

I GAINED a pound...

it could be a lot of things...I could drop it tomorrow...but after the Peking Duck I had at Yao tonight, that would be doubtful.

I am happy I didn't let that one pound send me into a tailspin...I know that weight fluctuates and that the scale isn't perfect. OK, maybe I am obsessing a bit about this one pound because, after all, I AM blogging about it. But it is only one teensy little pound that is probably just water weight.

I'll blame my meds...and sodium...

So it was a Spinderella day today...she treated us to highlights from the 2010 Winter Olympics. Shawn White is...amazing! Lindsay Vonn is...amazing! ALL of the athletes were amazing...I love the Olympics, especially the winter ones...I go through withdrawals when they are over.

I'm not much of a sports fan. I can't stand to watch football unless my son or someone I know is playing...and fugetaboutit if it is on television. Basketball---never. I did enjoy the World Cup. And I do love to watch tennis...especially Nadal and Federer or Roddick. Baseball---if I am at Minute Maid Park then yeah...but otherwise---notsomuch.

My son decided to wrestle this year. One-on-one combat with another boy while wearing a strange looking leotard thing. Boys beating each other up and not getting in trouble for it. I don't get all the rules and points stuff. Not really a team sport but you have a team and your points matter. But what you do on the mat is up to you. And it just looks weird to watch.

Very. Strange. Sport.

I'm not looking forward to next year...wrestling happens after football so I get to watch the torture of my little guy full-on tackling other boys first.

Hit. Hit. Hit.

He also plays lacrosse. A sport I really don't understand. I wrote a blog about my not understanding the sport...I think there is a link to it next to this blog. I don't get it even after he played for an entire season. He loves it. I think it just looks like anarchy on the field. Mr. Precious and Adorable History Teacher also coached lacrosse and he tried to explain the game to me. He used pens and marked "x's" and "o's" on the white board. My eyes started to spin. He looked at me and said "why don't you watch the game first and then we will try this again". We didn't try again----I love him too much to have put him back through it. He is precious and adorable and understands that this mama is sport stupid.

Lacrosse has its own culture...I tried to learn the lingo and something about the game from the Internet but to no avail. And on the day that the goalie made a goal for us, I just gave up...

I'll try one more time next spring. And Mr. Precious and Adorable will be Coach Precious and Adorable and he will probably just sigh and give me a hug and tell me to take pictures and he will let me know if we are doing good. That might work...like I said, I am sport stupid. And I love taking sports photos...

Why my kid wants to play all the sports that let you hit people (and yet not go to detention for it) is beyond me, but he seems to like the contact sports. Personally, I was rooting for him to want to do track because I understand running but don't do it. But nooooooooooo....you don't hit people in track.

My daughter likes those hitting sports too...she is a field hockey and soccer player. Girls field hockey is a bit brutal...but at least they don't whack each other with their sticks the way lacrosse boys do.

I am not the kind of person who puts any faith in astrological signs (no judging here from me if you personally do...I just don't...again, my blog...my opinion), but I do think it is interesting that my son is an ARIES...the RAM...they like to HIT.

He is doing a lacrosse camp this week...he loves it...6 hours of LAX (lacrosse). He gets to hit people with a stick. He likes that...

I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow and try and work off the Chinese food I had tonight...Peking Duck is not good for your diet but it was oh so good at Yao tonight. And I can't beat myself up for having a great meal once in a while. I'll be good until tomorrow night...because tomorrow I am celebrating GOTT's birthday with him and his wife and some friends. We are BOWLING...I will be queen of the gutter balls...plus I won't want to ruin my manicure (with my "Orgasm" polish...if you remember that blog).

I got GOTT the perfect gift. It is sure to be a big hit with him. I can't tell you what it is until tomorrow when I give it to him...but I love it and I know he will too...

Until tomorrow....or the next day if I have a few drinks...

Inspiration Song---come on...you know you love it..."Hit me with your best shot" by the one and only Pat Benatar...who is still a rocking lady...

bye darlings...

No comments:

Post a Comment