Monday, May 30, 2011

Love Hurts

So you are looking at that blog title and wondering...

"Is her divorce going badly?"

"Is she regretting her divorce?"

"Does she have someone new in her life that has already broken her heart?"

"Is she missing Oprah so badly that she is in pain?"

The answers are:
no
no
no
and yes...

But what I am REALLY referring to is not my past, present, or future love life or lack thereof, or my terrible sadness over the end of the Oprah show...

and thank goodness for once I am not talking about the great pain dished out by teenage children...

No, I'm talking about my other love life...

My fitness life

Because right now I am in some good old-fashioned I worked my behind off pain...and the scale is not making me happy.

I did spin class 3 days in a row so right now my left knee is letting me know that it is not exactly happy with me...too bad because I plan to spin tomorrow so I hope Advil takes care of it.

And my glutes...do you really want to hear about my glutes?

Well, your gonna...

Cause they hurt...

JayVee and J'taime Jamie dished out some awesome classes this weekend...lots of climbs, lots of jumps, and lots of speed work on the bike.

GOOD calorie burns...

GOOD glute burns...

I thought about sitting on ice packs but I'm not quite that bad off.

And I did body pump 2 days in a row...not recommended but I couldn't help myself...so my chest is in pain from all that pumping...too bad that I can't do enough chest presses to fix what the plastic surgeon is going to need to fix...

So Advil is my drug of choice...I think I will chase it with a bit of wine...you can't do that with Tylenol.

Now about that scale...I'm about ready to throw it out.

I started the week about where I have been living these days...and then it jumped down to a new low...and a real happy place for me...

But just as suddenly it jumped back up...to a not-so-happy place.

Damn...

I don't get it...

And I am terribly frustrated.

I think it is the carbs.

Because I have allowed myself to have a few more carbs...especially the forbidden ones like chips, etc. a little more often these days.

I have decided that I'm ready to transition to a not-so-strict diet because at some point I'm going to need to live my life. And I plan to do so with tortilla chips...and pita chips...and vodka...and beer.

Now the vodka has always been a part of my "I'm having this no matter what you say, Dimples" plan...but I usually avoid beer.

Except for during the summer.

And I found a new beer, thanks to Trainer Girl, that is my new obsession.

It has the best name ever:

MOOSE DROOL

It's made in Montana. That explains the name.

It's a dark beer that has a faintly chocolate and coffee flavor to it.

Yummy...

There is a local bar/restaurant that has tons of beers on tap that serves it. And I found it bottled at Specs. I plan to have it around a lot...

Cause it's some good stuff...

Trainer Girl and I went out on Saturday to the place that serves it.

We decided to tick of Dimples by inviting his girlfriend to join us.

I thought about nicknaming her "Dimples Girl" but she truly deserves her own special name.

She is hot...I mean this girl is as gorgeous as my Dimples is. And she is an engineer.

Did I mention she is hot?

So I'm going to call her Hottie Girl...cause she is...

So me, Trainer Girl (who is also quite hot I might add) and Hottie Girl went out for some Moose Drool the other night and we dished about men...and about poor Dimples.

Bless his heart...all I can say is that he is very lucky to have 3 women who think he is the bomb...and at least one of us loves him at all times...it just depends on WHAT time it is that we do or do not love him.

I love him 23 hours a day...it's the hour that he trains me that the love is questionable.

Hottie Girl loves him all the time...but then again, she is supposed to...she's his girl...

And Trainer girl is on about the same schedule as me...

I was afraid he was going to kill me for corrupting his girlfriend but peace is reigning...

for now...

we'll see what he does when he trains me next time...I might get really punished...

I don't think it was the going out for Moose Drool that might make him mad...it was the shoe shopping BEFORE going out. We each walked out of DSW with a new pair of fierce heels...

and that, my friends, is how you start out an awesome night!

Some day I guess I will write a blog and tell you I have a new man in my life...some day...but not right now...

Right now I have a son, and ex, and a trainer...that's about all I can handle.

But if you want to hear about shoes...or glute pain...well, you have come to the right place.

Inspiration Song: "Love Hurts" by Nazareth...cause right now I hurt...and JayVee served up a wicked climb on the bike to it today...

Bye Darlings...get your hurt on...in a good way...go and exercise!

1 comment:

  1. Hey shrinking violet, may I suggest Belgium cherry beer? I had it throughout Flanders last month and it was TO DIE FOR, or at least to put on a couple of pounds with, which I did!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete