Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MMMBop

I just watched a child walk through my house wearing a pair of costume cat ears...

That is what I am dealing with right now...said child was not my own but rather the very beautiful daughter of a friend.

There is a whole group of teenagers in my backyard. More are arriving by the minute...I have bootcamp with Dimples in the morning and I have a terrible feeling that this is going to be a very long night.

And I am sitting on the computer typing this blog and whining about it...and I have not had enough wine tonight to deal with it!

I guess that is what my life has come to...my house is the teen hangout.

I've announced on more than one occasion that my refrigerator is open to one and all...they can consume whatever they like...

as long as it is NOT alcohol...

THAT is off limits...

Completely off limits!

I might be the "cool mom" and let them eat all the cheese and goodies...but no beer, no vodka, no nothing that will inebriate them.

(I've counted the beers and marked the booze...I know what I have...shhhhh...don't tell them)

More children are wandering in...I'm telling you, they are arriving like bees coming back to the hive.

They help themselves to whatever they want...except the booze...so far so good...

All in all, it's not a bad thing that my house is the chosen spot...it makes me somewhat nervous that I have so many kids here, but on the other hand I know where my child is and I know who she is with.

So I will put up with music blaring out by the pool and a host of kids hanging out in my backyard.

They clean up after themselves...

They are nice chldren...many of them are kids I truly love and adore...

The music is not so bad...

Although last night I did have to tell them to change the song on the iPod because it was Hanson's "MMmmBop" and there is absolutely no excuse for that song...

Because "MmmmBop" is one of the worst songs ever written...it goes on the list with:
Run Joey Run
The Pina Colada Song
Muskrat Love
Merry Christmas Darling

So I made them change the song...they laughed...I was cool with Arcade Fire (I happen to LOVE Arcade Fire) which was the next song they played, but I had to draw the line at listening to MmmmBop...

They are good kids...they are the children of my friends...

I'll have them here any day...

As long as I don't have to hear "MmmmBop"...

and no booze...no one gets to the booze...that is automatic grounds for banishment...

along with playing any of my 5 banned songs...

Inspiration Song: I can't believe I named a blog "MMMBop" but there you go...one of the 5 worst songs ever written...in my opinion...my blog/my opinion!

Bye Darlings...let the kids hang at your house...just ban bad music...and booze...

No comments:

Post a Comment