Friday, June 11, 2010

Crush

So I have a little crush...

His name is Eric...

He's blonde and blue-eyed (which is unusual for me as I usually like the dark-haired guys...but always the light eyes)...he's very tall...he's a bad boy...a Viking...ruthless (I know, that is NOT attractive, but on him its all good)...he's older than me...by 1000 years...and he is a VAMPIRE...

No, not one of the teenage school-girl crush type of Twilight vampires (but I have read the books and watched the movies---Team Edward here all the way), but a real, honest-to-goodness badder-than-bad bloodsucking vamp...

Eric Northman (sigh)...as played by Alexander Skarsgard on HBO's "True Blood"...

I wanted to put a photo up here to show you how beautiful he is, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to do it...so you will just have to Google him and see for yourself. Or try this link:
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2010/04/alexander-skarsgard-arms-details-magazine.jpg

oh yeah...

and if you watch "Zoolander" you will see Alexander Skarsgard (very young) as one of Ben Stiller's roomates who plays with the gasoline...he was cute then...now he is HOT HOT HOT...

I like Bradley Cooper too...a lot...but I have it bad for the vampire (and the actor who plays him)...but I think it is mostly the vampire...

I've read the Sookie Stackhouse novels that the True Blood series is based on and they are fun little romps. The tv show is tied with "Glee" for my favorite show (even Grey's Anatomy has fallen behind those 2 shows) and it is worth paying for HBO just to see it. I'm also a big "Tudors" fan (Jonathan Rhys-Meyers as Henry VII...dark hair, blue eyes), and I really enjoyed "Spartacus" (don't ask me why...I just liked it...oh, yeah...it was the lead actor, Andy Whitfield...tall, dark haired and blue eyed), and "Big Love". And I love those train-wreck shows like "Toddlers and Tiaras" as well as all of Bravo's "Real Housewives"...and I can't get enough of "Top Chef"...

I'm not that much of a television junkie...but I do love me some vampires and singing kids...

So now that my beloved "Glee" is on hiatus for the summer, I get to sink my teeth into (pun intended) "True Blood" and enjoy Eric...and I also enjoy Bill the vampire played by Stephen Moyer (dark hair/blue eyes)...and every second of Ryan Kwanten's (Jason Stackhouse) abs...

oh yeah...

And if you read and loved "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follet, Starz (a premium cable channel) has made it into a mini-series...Matthew Macfayden will be Prior Phillip...you might know him as "Mr. Darcy" in the Kiera Knightly "Pride and Prejudice"...dark hair, blue eyes...

oh yeah...

I am reading the book for the 3rd time in anticipation...great book....

So that is my little crush...Eric from True Blood...after all, if my husband can enjoy the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show", I am entitled to a little bloodlust with the vampire...

I can give you a True Blood crash course if you want...just email or facebook me...

I don't try to plan or over-think these blogs...you can tell that it is mainly stream-of conciousness writing...but I did have to stop and start this one a bit today so I had some time to think about it and think about "crush".

I looked it up on the online dictionary:

crush (krsh)
v. crushed, crush·ing, crush·es
v.tr.
1. To press between opposing bodies so as to break or injure.
2. To break, pound, or grind (stone or ore, for example) into small fragments or powder.
3. To put down; subdue: crushed the rebellion.
4. To overwhelm or oppress severely: spirits that had been crushed by rejection and failure.
5. To crumple or rumple: crushed the freshly ironed shirt.
6. To hug, especially with great force.
7. To press upon, shove, or crowd.
8. To extract or obtain by pressing or squeezing: crush juice from a grape.
9. Archaic To drink; quaff.
v.intr.
1. To be or become crushed.
2. To proceed or move by crowding or pressing.
n.
1. The act of crushing; extreme pressure.
2. The state of being crushed.
3. A great crowd: a crush of spectators.
4. A substance prepared by or as if by crushing, especially a fruit drink: orange crush.
5. Informal
a. A usually temporary infatuation.
b. One who is the object of such an infatuation.
6. A decisive or critical moment or situation.
7. The process of stamping or crushing grapes for wine.



After reading that, I see that I have a lot of "crush" in my life:
1) Eric Northman (see above)...object of my infatuation
2)I like crushed grapes...that are fermented...i.e. WINE
3)I am trying to crush the rebellion that is inside of me any time I want to eat something I shouldn't or skip going to the gym...

I have another crush...this one is healthy...Fage Greek Yogurt with honey (or blueberries)...it is my favorite snack when I want something sweet and it is good for you...lots of calcium, very low in fat, high in flavor. I get mine at Randalls and HEB or at Fit Foods. Try it, you will like it...

And to get you going, today's musical selection/inspiration is:
"Crush"---Glee Cast version...sung by the mah-ve-lous Lea Michelle...

bye darlings...

No comments:

Post a Comment