Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Believe

I believe I can be a good blogger again...I'm so gonna try...

So what is up with me?

Hmmmmm...a lot...been busy...costumed a show (actually 2)...made myself into a showgirl for Halloween (just a party...no I did not greet Trick or Treaters dressed like an escapee from Vegas)...helped a friend move...and I'm doing college visits.

I believe I can survive the college visits with Ke$ha Barbie...I do...I believe I can...

Can you tell I am trying to convince myself?

So I am heading to Boston this week to visit some schools with Ke$ha Barbie and I am very excited to visit a city I have never been to.

I believe we will have a great time!

I believe I might be one of the only crazy people in the world who books a hotel based on the fact that not only am I getting my 3rd night free but it (the hotel) is attached to a great health club so I can still do spin class.

I believe I might be one of the only crazy people in the world who will pack spin shoes so I can do said spin classes.

I believe that just might make me get classified as "crazy" but what the hell...

Our next visit is to NYC.

The Big Apple...

I love NYC...great city...

I believe I am going to get to see an old dear friend...let's call him "Mr. Gorgeous" because he is. I hate it that he is still as beautiful today as he was when we were in middle school. I should hate him for it...but I don't...I believe I will still love him as I did all those years ago...he's incredibly fun...and he's gay so don't go thinking I am meeting "a man" because that isn't going to happen...I think his partner might have something to say about that...

I believe I can get tickets to see "Book of Mormon" while we are in NYC.

Yes, I do...I believe it can happen.

To help make it happen I called the American Express concierge service.

When the sweet concierge took my call I said:

"I want tickets to see "Book of Mormon". I know it will take an act of God. I hope your name is "God""...

She laughed.

She is doing her best to get me tickets.

I really want to see that show. So does Ke$ha Barbie.

I believe we will...

And I believe that the concierge's name is God...not really but I hope she can produce a miracle.

No, I believe she can...

I also believe I might be one of the only people I know that can end up talking about diet and exercise with a random stranger (the concierge) for 20 minutes.

Yes, I did...

Somehow we got on the subject of weight loss and I shared my story with her when she said she wants to lose 20 pounds.

I told her I believe she can do it.

And then I gave her all my secrets.

Well, they aren't really MY secrets...they are what Dimples taught me...but nonetheless I had a long conversation with her and told her that I believe she can do it.

We are friends now....I might have to see if she is on Facebook and friend her.

So yeah...I believe you can have life changing conversations with a random person on the phone.

And yes, I believe that AMEX travel services and the concierge service are totally worth what I pay for that darn card now...

Especially after she gets me tickets to "Book of Mormon".

Which, I believe, she can...

I'll let you know if her name is "God" and if she does it...

I believe in a lot of things...too many to name here...but I believe!

Inspiration Song: "I Believe" from "Book of Mormon"...the Tony Winning musical that I BELIEVE I can get tickets to. I keep saying "I believe" because I believe in the power of positive thinking. If not, I would still weigh 300 pounds...

Bye Darlings...I believe that you are all amazing...and I can't believe you read this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment